Sailor Gets Jiggy


Senior Cierra O’Keefe has been expressing her talent and love for Irish Dance for 13 years. Beginning at the age of 4, Cierra knew this was exactly how she wanted to spend her free time.
“I had the original video of Riverdance and I watched it over and over again. Then I said 'Mommy, I want to do that,'” said O’Keefe.
Cierra dedicates many hours to dancing each week. On average, she practices 3 times a week for about 2.5 hours. This does not include the countless hours she runs her routines when she is at home. During show season (March, around St. Patrick’s Day) she partakes in 4 hour practices instead of 2.5 hours. This past year she had the opportunity to dance at the Kennedy Center. Normally her dance company dances on a different stage, but this year, due to construction, they had the chance to dance on the actual Kennedy Center stage.
“Cierra is so dedicated to her dance. I wish that I had the talent to do something like she does. It is really inspiring and definitely something that catches everyone’s attention,” said junior Kayli Burns.
L.Nalley '12