Committed!

Junior and senior year are filled with college visits, applications, and eventually making the grand decision of where you will spend the next four years. For seniors Kelly Phelan, Kayley Jones, Julie Gillis and Ashley Robertson, the college search focused on not only majors and student life, but also lacrosse programs. All four girls are committed to play lacrosse at the college level: Kelly at St. Joseph's University, Kayley at UMBC, Julie at Duquesne, and Ashley at Florida Southern College. The past two years have been filled with visits, scouts, workouts, and club tournaments.

"The recruiting process for lacrosse was bumped up so I was figuring out where I was going to college before I even had my drivers license, but it was good to know early where I would be spending my 4 years of college," said Phelan.

Kelly, Kayley, Julie, and Ashley have been playing lacrosse for most of their lives and have all been on the school lacrosse team since freshman year. Their hard work has certainly paid off.


E.Talbot '12